Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon Glass Bridge
- Length: 430 meters (1,411 feet)
- Height: 300 meters (984 feet)
- Width: 6 meters (20 feet)
- Highlights: walking for thrill, amazing bird's eye view, bungee jump
Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge in Wulingyuan Scenic Area is the highest and longest glass bottomed bridge in the world. Spanning over Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon, the newly-built glass bridge just as a record-breaker highjack the attention of adventurous travelers from all over the world. Also named Yuntiandu in Chinese, the marvelous bridge suspends with an incredible full length of 430 meters, breadth of 6 meters and a relative height of 300 meters, linking two sheer mountain cliffs. The glass-bottomed bridge has set 10 world records for its design and construction.
Costing 3.4 million dollars to build, Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge is paved with 99 panes of three-layer transparent glass and suspended 300 meters above a gorge to create a perfect place to hunt for thrill. To assuage fears, the scenic area holds heart-stopping safety tests by inviting volunteers to take sledgehammer at the glass, which made visible cracks in the top layer. A SUV car carrying 11 people rolled over the cracked panels, but the glass still stands unbreakable. Although the bridge is proved safe enough, it is still a challenging path to cross, and that's why it is common to see visitors crawling on the terrifying skywalk. There is also a remarkable provision at the middle of the bridge for making a 265 meter bungee-jump, which is regarded as one of the world's highest and best jump site.
Hovering high in the air, the glass-bottomed bridge offers awestruck and charming panoramic view of the Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon with lush forests, waterfalls, deep gorges and grotesque stone pillars. Standing on the glass bridge may make you feel frightened, but fabulous view of the silver streams and green valley under your feet would blow your mind. With the azure sky as the backdrop, a wander along the bridge with the milk white clouds would throw you to an otherworldly place. Particularly after rainy days, the drifting mists and fogs around would allow you to get lost in such a mysterious wonderland.
1. The bridge is designed to carry up to 800 visitors at a time and 8,000 visitors in total per day. However, the bridge is usually overwhelmed by huge influx of visitors, so you need to reach the scenic area early to avoid the long queue.
2. Visitors need to book the tickets in advance on the official website, as no ticket is sold on the spot.
3. Personal belongings except wallets and mobile phones are not allowed to taken onto the bridge.
4. You need to wear shoe covers (included in the entrance fee) to go across the bridge, while high heels are not allowed. Wear comfortable shoes for the trekking down to the Grand Canyon.
5. The bridge might be closed in terrible weather, like strong wind, heavy rain and big snow.
6. Visit the glass bridge is not suitable for people with heart disease, hypertension and acrophobia.
7. Do not run or litter on the bridge, and do not lean over the railings.
Apart from the glass bridge, Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon is also a wonderful trekking place blessed with a cluster of charming spots scattered around, such as long gorge, verdant forests and waterfalls as well as streams.
- Sky Ladder Walkway (Tianti Zhandao)
- Holy Spring Gorge (Shenquanxia)
- Nuokeli Slideway
- Waterfalls and Rainbows
It is a vertical and narrow stairway which is like a path leading to the heaven. Seeming to be precipitous, the walkway is in fact quite safe to climb. At the end of way, there is a long and narrow valley where you could only see a strip of sky, which only allows one person to pass at a time.
The Grand Canyon suddenly becomes quite narrow at the Holy Spring Gorge, where you could enjoy the most spectacular views. A number of waterfalls cascade down glittering like silver ribbons, and jade-like waters run tirelessly along the gorge.
A 600-meter-long slideway was built to take visitors down to the canyon directly in about 20 minutes. You could not only immerse in the thrilling feeling of fast sliding down, but also have a quick glance at mountain landscape by traveling through the verdure of the forest.
The Grand Canyon boasts numerous small waterfalls and springs, which form crystal-clear water curtains hanging down the sheer cliffs. At the Rainbow Square, you are most likely to see the dazzling rainbows suspending on the ponds.
Single Ticket for the Grand Canyon: CNY 121
Combo Ticket for the canyon and Glass Bridge: CNY 294 plus CNY3 insurance fee
Single Ticket for the Glass Bridge: CNY 171 plus CNY3 insurance feeToboggan:CNY20 Nearby Attractions:Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Tianmen Mountain and Baofeng Lake Transportation
1. From Zhangjiajie Central Bus Station, take a bus to Wenya Hot Spring and get off at the canyon.
2. From Zhangjiajie Central Bus Station, take a bus to Cili County and get off at the Canyon, with an hour on the way.
3. From Wulingyuan Bus Station, take a bus to Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon, which takes no more than 20 minutes.